Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Relying on Testimony



"Trials are His way of stretching us and helping us become as He is.  Our crises will differ in magnitude and frequency, but they will continue throughout our lives.  I testify that as we turn to our testimony of Him in times of crisis, we can find the strength to overcome all that we are asked to endure." - Elder Paul Pieper

One of the things I've noticed in my life as I've fallen, gotten up, fallen again, and tried to rise up stronger spiritually, is that I feel like I look to my testimony more now as a reminder of strength.  There were days where I would fall and then say, "Why....why keep trying" and turn the wrong direction in frustration.  How does it go?  Line up line, precept upon precept....
The more times we look to the Lord for strength and less towards ourselves and others, the stronger we will be both spiritually and gain more confidence in ourselves to do the right thing no matter how many times we get knocked off our planned course.

No comments: