Monday, March 22, 2010

How Do You Feel About The Scriptures?


I feel like I make a really good effort to read the scriptures on a nearly daily basis and I also feel that I receive blessings, understanding and spiritual protection by following the commandments.  However...this morning while reading, I came across a quote from Pres. Hinckley that made me wonder and think that I am probably not to where I need to be yet.  Where do you fall?

"I am grateful for emphasis on reading the scriptures. I hope that for you this will become something far more enjoyable than a duty; that, rather, it will become a love affair with the word of God. I promise you that as you read, your minds will be enlightened and your spirits will be lifted. At first it may seem tedious, but that will change into a wondrous experience with thoughts and words of things divine."

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Great quote. It reminds me of the scripture about our weaknesses being able to become out strengths. I can relate to this "journey" you're taking because I too feel the need to get more out of my daily scripture study. Good for you for chronicling it.
Have you ever heard of the books The Book of Mormon Made Easier. You can look them up on deseretbook.com The author has a book for each of the scriptures and he has written explanations/ extra info right into the text. Not "into", but as a part of. You should look them up...they're great! Good luck with this. You're an inspiration! Cheesy, but true!