Friday, February 19, 2010

Pondering


The scriptures repeatedly ask us to "ponder."  This is a regular exercise that has continually escaped me my whole life.  Yes, there are times that I do better at it than others, but I'm certainly not an expert ponderer.  Christ, in the Book of Mormon asked the Nephites to go to their homes and ponder on that which he had said.  Sitting during scripture study, while taking the sacrament or other times where I study the gospel, I want to think about, study it out and try to learn and understand what is before me, but my mind will start to wander after a time and I have to pull it back in line.  I believe that the Holy Ghost speaks through our minds and hearts when we are pondering and concentrating on such things and therefore we grow spiritually.  This week I want to do more of that.  I will spend more time pondering what I read and less time simply trying to make it through the chapter.   It is an important and vital part of scripture study.

No comments: