Sunday, January 3, 2010

3 Nephi 1-7



I just started studying 3rd Nephi today and found an interesting quote from a previous prophet, Pres. Ezra Taft Benson (1899-1994) which has made me want to study this portion of the Book of Mormon even harder.   I think it's interesting to note his quote.


"the record of the Nephite history just prior to the Savior's visit reveals many parallels to our own day as we anticipate the Savior's second coming."


Only those who were firm and steadfast in their conversations were able to remain strong prior to the Savior's appearance in the America's after his crucification in Jerusalem.  I would imagine that the same is true today.  We know that the Savior's second coming is not far off.  We also know that it is getting harder and harder to keep the commandments and be strong in our conversions.  Like the Nephites of old, only the firm and steadfast will make it.  I want to be one of those.

No comments: