Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trusting In The Lord



 3 And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their atrust in God shall be supported in their btrials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be clifted up at the last day. - Alma 36:3


This verse really hit me yesterday and I've been thinking about it ever since.  I think that sometimes society teaches us to have such trust in ourselves to accomplish things that we lessen the enormous responsibly we have to continually learn to put our trust and hope in the Lord.  How do you balance the need to trust in yourself to accomplish and trust in the Lord to deliver you?  It often takes hitting the bottom before we realize the appropriate balance which should be weighted more heavily in the Lord's direction.

No comments: