Sunday, November 8, 2009

To Pray Continually


In Alma 33, Alma teaches the people that they do not have to have a "certain" location to pray, rather they can pray anywhere and continually.  The idea that you have to have a certain location to pray in order to have your prayers heard seems silly, but then I started thinking....what does it mean to pray continually?  Do I have rituals for prayer like the people Alma was teaching, but just don't realize it?
Alma 13: 28 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and awatch and pray continually, that ye may not be btempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be cled by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, dmeek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;
Elder Erying says..."Our hearts can be drawn out to God only when they are filled with love for Him and trust in His goodness. " (Conference Oct. 2001).  So, I think that my tendencies is to make sure I pray morning and night and with family. But...if I forget to pray in the morning, do I stop and take care of that wherever I'm at, or keep moving?  Does having your heart drawn out towards God mean that you have charity?  I would suppose so.  So, I guess that having a prayer in your heart continually would involve integrity at work, looking for ways to be an example and serve and being true to oneself when alone or without anyone else around.  

No comments: