Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Resurrection & Eternal Families



The resurrection is a gift from God that requires nothing from us.  We will all be resurrected despite our behavior, good or bad, in this life.  What happens after is up to us.  I am so grateful for that hope that the resurrection provides.  I know that it doesn't simply end with this life.  The relationships we build in this life continue onto the next.  Knowing that I can be with my wife and children forever gives me motivation to be the best I can be and treat them with the perspective that this relationship is eternal.  The ability to be sealed forever as a family unit that cannot be broken by even the bands of death is done in a temple by someone who has the authority to do that.  Living my life so I am able to attend the temple and honor those promises I made is paramount.

No comments: